Worship only through Christ
The Westminster Confession of Faith underlines the important truth that our worship must be offered to God through the appointed Mediator Jesus Christ. Otherwise it is unacceptable.
“Religious worship is to be given to God, the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost; and to him alone: not to angels, saints, or any other creature: and, since the fall, not without a Mediator; nor in the mediation of any other but of Christ alone” (XXI:2).
Here are a few Bible passages which prove that we cannot worship God without Christ acting for us as Mediator.
1. Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 2:5.
2. By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name. Hebrews 13:15.
3. And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him. Colossians 3:17.
4. I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13.
5. I am the vine, ye are the branches: he that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. John 15:5.
6. Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, and the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. John 14:6.
7. For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus. 1 Timothy 2:5.
8. For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father. Ephesians 2:18.
Are you convinced? If so, what value do you place on world religions? Do you regard the Christian faith as exclusive? Is Christ the only real and effective Mediator for you?