Jesus Christ has perfect knowledge
Any person is known by his words and works. Should we employ this principle to Jesus Christ - and particularly His knowledge - it would be easier for all concerned to come to a definite assessment about Him.
1. Jesus Christ is evidently man, but not merely man. He is the God-man.
2. His all-knowing is all the more impressive when He states that He has a perfect knowledge of the Father. To know the infinite God one must also be infinite. For a finite creature can never comprehend the infinite.
3. Furthermore, Christ knows all creatures. This is not surprising; since He knows the depths of the Infinite, He surely knows the pettiness of the creature.
4. Christ also knows the heart and affections of all of us. Peter confessed: “Lord thou knowest all things, thou knowest that I love thee” (John 21:17).
5. Christ has a foreknowledge of the particular inclinations of men, before those distinct inclinations were in actual being in them.
a. To the believer: Christ, the all-knowing, is a source of comfort and consolation, for He is greater than our hearts, and though we fail, He knows our failures and has provided a just means of forgiveness, so that we may fear Him.
b. To the unbeliever: Christ, whose eyes are like a flame of fire, knows your stubbornness and your impenitent heart. Do not delay: flee unto Him for refuge. In confessing your sins, you will only be laying out what is already laid out before Him. How will you escape if you neglect to go to Him by faith? Your actions are not hidden from him. He who is able to accuse and condemn you is the only One who is also able to forgive you.